The Schmetz – Embroidery Gold (1825) 90/14 needles are designed for use in embroidery. They are optimized to protect fragile threads against excess friction using a special scarf, an enlarged eye, and a wider-than-normal groove.
They come with a titanium nitride coating, which resists adhesives and helps the needle last for a lot longer by improving its wear in high stitch count applications and its penetration when working on coarse, densely woven fabrics.
The Schmetz – Embroidery Gold (1825) 90/14 needles use the 130/705 H-ET system, which is compatible with most home sewing machines, including Brother, Baby Lock, Bernette, Bernina, Elna, EuroPro, Husqvarna/Viking, Janome, Juki, Kenmore, Necchi, New Home, Pfaff, Simplicity, Singer, and White.
Each card contains 5 needles.
- Shaft: The needles feature strong shafts that minimize deflection, reducing the risk of breakage and skipped stitches. This also ensures accurate needle placement for stitch formation.
- Shank: The needles come with flat shanks, which makes them fit more easily into your machine, ensuring the perfect stitch every time. This reduces the risk of breakage while also giving you an easier time as you replace or try to fit them into your machine for the first time.
- Scarf: The H in the 130/705 H-ET system indicates that they have a scarf. This allows for the efficient grabbing of the thread by the bobbin hook on your machine. This ensures that a perfect stitch is achieved every time you sew, minimizing instances of skipped stitches.
- Eye: The needles feature an enlarged eye that will easily accommodate most special application threads. The large eye also guards against excess friction when using fragile thread, preventing the thread from fraying or breaking when the machine is in use.
- Tip: They come with a slightly rounded point for more efficient embroidery on most fabrics.
- Other: They come with a pontoon scarf that has an oversized bump, which reduces the chances of skipped stitches when the fabric flexes up or down with the fast-moving embroidery stitch
The Schmetz – Embroidery Gold (1825) 90/14 needles will work well with most threads, including them most fragile specialty threads. Particularly works well with Rayon, Polyester, and cotton machine embroidery threads.
The fabrics that are perfect for these needles are coarse and densely woven fabrics.
The Schmetz – Embroidery Gold (1825) 90/14 needles are not color coded for type, only size 90/14 (Blue).
You may return the new, unopened items within 60 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item).