The Schmetz - Microtex (1729) 70/10 needles are designed to be thin and pointy, qualities that are essential when you need beautiful topstitching, perfect straight stitches, or high precision on lightweight fabric.
Because of their extra slim shafts, Schmetz - Microtex (1729) 70/10 needles are fragile and prone to breakage. This means it is extremely important that you only use them with the correct fabric type, weight and thickness.
They use the 130/705 H-M system, which is compatible with most home sewing machines, including Brother, Baby Lock, Bernette, Bernina, Elna, EuroPro, Husqvarna/Viking, Janome, Juki, Kenmore, Necchi, New Home, Pfaff, Simplicity, Singer, and White.
Each card contains 5 needles.
- Shaft: The needles feature an extra slim shaft that helps ensure straight stitches, resulting in high-quality, professional-looking stitches. The slim shaft is also great for producing beautiful topstitching and heirloom stitching.
- Shank: The needles come with flat shanks, which makes them fit more easily into your machine, ensuring the perfect stitch every time. This reduces the risk of breakage while also giving you an easier time as you replace or try to fit them into your machine for the first time.
- Scarf: The H in the 130/705 H-M system indicates that they have a scarf. This allows for the efficient grabbing of the thread by the bobbin hook on your machine. This ensures that a perfect stitch is achieved every time you sew, minimizing instances of skipped stitches.
- Tip: They feature sharper points that make it easier to pierce the thread of woven fabric. This is also great for quilt piercing because the needles will cleanly pass through the fabric, eliminating runs and pulls to produce beautiful topstitches.
- Other: They also have a specialized tapered design which eliminates skipped stitching to give you a smooth finish. This makes it perfect for high thread count, high-quality fabrics.
These needles will work well with cotton wrapped polyester thread, lingerie thread, and other lightweight threads.
The ideal fabrics to use with these needles include microfiber, polyester, silk, foils, and artificial leather. It works well with lightweight fabrics. Whenever possible, go for fabrics that are similar to the recommended threads.
The Schmetz – Microtex (1729) 70/10 needles are color coded for easier identification. The upper band indicates the needle type Microtex (Purple) while the lower color band indicates the needle size 70/10 (Green).
You may return the new, unopened items within 60 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item).