The Schmetz – Embroidery (1720) 90/14 needles are designed for use in embroidery. They are optimized to protect fragile threads against excess friction using a special scarf, an enlarged eye, and a wider-than-normal groove.
They are made using quality high carbon steel wire mixed with nickel and plated with chrome. This makes then remarkably strong, hard to break, and heat resistant. They will also not corrode or rust for a very long time.
The Schmetz – Embroidery (1720) 90/14 needles use the 130/750 H system, which is compatible with most home sewing machines, including Brother, Baby Lock, Bernette, Bernina, Elna, EuroPro, Husqvarna/Viking, Janome, Juki, Kenmore, Necchi, New Home, Pfaff, Simplicity, Singer, and White.
Each card contains 5 needles.
- Shaft: The needles feature strong shafts that minimize deflection, reducing the risk of breakage and skipped stitches. This also ensures accurate needle placement for stitch formation.
- Shank: The needles come with flat shanks, which makes them fit more easily into your machine, ensuring the perfect stitch every time. This reduces the risk of breakage while also giving you an easier time as you replace or try to fit them into your machine for the first time.
- Scarf: The H in the 130/750 H system indicates that they have a scarf. This allows for the efficient grabbing of the thread by the bobbin hook on your machine. This ensures that a perfect stitch is achieved every time you sew, minimizing instances of skipped stitches.
- Eye: The needles feature a wide eye that is perfectly suited for embroidery work. The large eye guards against excess friction when using fragile thread, preventing the thread from fraying or breaking when the machine is in use.
- Tip: They come with a light ball point that will not damage or break knitted fabrics.
- Other: Every needle also features a groove on its blade to guide the thread to the eye of the needle. This helps improve your accuracy as you stitch.
With the Schmetz – Embroidery (1720) 90/14 needles, the recommended threads are polyester, rayon, or other specialty embroidery threads like cotton embroidery thread.
The fabric type that’s perfect for these needles is similar to the thread. This includes polyester, rayon, or other specialty embroidery fabric.
The Schmetz – Embroidery (1720) 90/14 needles are color coded for easier identification. The upper band indicates the needle type Emroidery (Red) while the lower color band indicates the needle size 90/14 (Blue).
You may return the new, unopened items within 60 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item).