The Schmetz – Leather (1715) 90/14 needles are designed for use in leather works and with other non-woven fabrics. They are made using quality high carbon steel wire mixed with nickel and plated with chrome. This makes then remarkably strong, hard to break, and heat resistant. They will also not corrode or rust for a very long time.
The Schmetz – Leather (1715) 90/14 needles use the 130/705 H LL system, which is compatible with most home sewing machines, including Brother, Baby Lock, Bernette, Bernina, Elna, EuroPro, Husqvarna/Viking, Janome, Juki, Kenmore, Necchi, New Home, Pfaff, Simplicity, Singer, and White.
Each card contains 5 needles.
- Shaft: The needles feature strong shafts that minimize deflection, reducing the risk of breakage and skipped stitches. This also ensures accurate needle placement for stitch formation.
- Shank: The needles come with flat shanks, which makes them fit more easily into your machine, ensuring the perfect stitch every time. This reduces the risk of breakage while also giving you an easier time as you replace or try to fit them into your machine for the first time.
- Scarf: The H in the 130/705 H LL system indicates that they have a scarf. This allows for the efficient grabbing of the thread by the bobbin hook on your machine. This ensures that a perfect stitch is achieved every time you sew, minimizing instances of skipped stitches.
- Eye: The needles have slender eyes that hold the thread in place for proper loop formation.
- Tip: They come with a sharp cutting point that easily penetrates even the toughest leather to guarantee you an easy time sewing.
With the Schmetz – Leather (1715) 90/14 needles, the recommended threads are polyester, nylon, or other heavier thread such as heavy top-stitching thread.
The Schmetz – Leather (1715) 90/14 needles work best when used on leather, imitation leather, and heavy non-woven synthetics.
The Schmetz – Leather (1715) 90/14 needles are color coded for easier identification. The upper band indicates the needle type Leather (Brown) while the lower color band indicates the needle size 90/14 (Blue).
You may return the new, unopened items within 60 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item).