The Schmetz - Jeans (1712) sewing machine needles 100/16 are designed to be used on denim and other heavy fabrics. They are made using quality high carbon steel wire mixed with nickel and plated with chrome. This makes then remarkably strong, hard to break, and heat resistant. They will also not corrode or rust for a very long time.
The Schmetz - Jeans 100/16 needles use the 130/705 H system, which is compatible with most home sewing machines, including Brother, Baby Lock, Bernette, Bernina, Elna, EuroPro, Husqvarna/Viking, Janome, Juki, Kenmore, Necchi, New Home, Pfaff, Simplicity, Singer, and White.
Each card contains 5 needles.
- Shaft: The needles feature strong shafts that minimize deflection, reducing the risk of breakage and skipped stitches. This also ensures accurate needle placement for stitch formation.
- Shank: The needles come with flat shanks, which makes them fit more easily into your machine, ensuring the perfect stitch every time. This reduces the risk of breakage while also giving you an easier time as you replace or try to fit them into your machine for the first time.
- Scarf: The H in the 130/705 H system indicates that they have a scarf. This allows for the efficient grabbing of the thread by the bobbin hook on your machine. This ensures that a perfect stitch is achieved every time you sew, minimizing instances of skipped stitches.
- Eye: The needles have slender eyes that hold the thread in place for proper loop formation.
- Tip: They feature a modified medium ballpoint as well as a reinforced blade. This creates a sharp point that is specially designed to pass through several layers of denim without damaging the fabric.
- Other: Every needle also features a groove on its blade to guide the thread to the eye of the needle. This helps improve your accuracy as you stitch.
Use it with heavier weight thread for topstitching or upholstery work. If the project involves a typical heavyweight fabric, go for thread size 30 – 40.
Apart from denim/jeans, this needle will also work with other deeply woven fabric like poplin, twill, duck, imitation leather, and even canvas.
The Schmetz - Jeans (1712) Jeans 100/16 needles are color coded for easier identification. The upper band indicates the needle type Jeans (blue) while the lower color band indicates the needle size 100/16 (purple).
You may return the new, unopened items within 60 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item).