The Schmetz - Universal Sewing Machine Needles (size 80/12) are designed to be used for most woven fabrics, some knits, and synthetics. They’ll work best when used with woven and knitted fabrics, designed to prevent broken or shredded threads, skipped or uneven stitches, and puckered or damaged fabrics when sewing.
This makes them great general-purpose needles. They are also made using quality high carbon steel wire mixed with nickel and plated with chrome, which makes them very strong and hard to break. The chrome coating also makes them heat resistant and works to prevent them from corroding or rusting for a really long time.
The Schmetz universal sewing machine needles (size 80/12) use the 130/705 H system, which is compatible with most home sewing machines, including Brother, Baby Lock, Bernette, Bernina, Elna, EuroPro, Husqvarna/Viking, Janome, Juki, Kenmore, Necchi, New Home, Pfaff, Simplicity, Singer, and White.
- Shaft: The needles feature strong shafts that minimize deflection, reducing the risk of breakage and skipped stitches. This also ensures accurate needle placement for stitch formation.
- Shank: The needles come with flat shanks, which makes them fit more easily into your machine, ensuring the perfect stitch every time. This reduces the risk of breakage while also giving you an easier time as you replace or try to fit them into your machine for the first time.
- Scarf: The H in the 130/705 H system indicates that they have a scarf. This allows for the efficient grabbing of the thread by the bobbin hook on your machine. This ensures that a perfect stitch is achieved every time you sew, minimizing instances of skipped stitches.
- Eye: The eye is large enough to comfortably fit most small to medium threads. Because of this, they help prevent excess friction when using fragile thread, preventing the thread from fraying or breaking when the machine is in use.
- Tip: Features a light ballpoint needle that is designed to prevent shredding and breakage when sewing with metallic and other machine embroidery threads.
- Each card contains 5 needles
The Schmetz - Universal Sewing Machine Needles (size 80/12) are universal needles, they’ll work well with most light to medium weight threads. Try to match the thread type you use with your fabric of choice.
They’ll work well with most woven fabrics, some knits, and synthetics. This list includes linen, cotton, twill, satin, chiffon, tweed, fleece, Ponte, and spandex.
Schmetz 80/12 universal needles are not color coded for type, only size 80/12 (Orange).
You may return the new, unopened items within 60 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item).